A Frankie freebie!

Tonight I wanted to share a little last minute idea I had last night!
I've loved those paint chip Frankenstein's and always wanted to figure out a way to use them and still fit it into our busy day. Well, last night we went to Lowe's so I snagged a pile of green chips.

And wouldn't you know, when I dragged myself up this am my congestion and earache had left me with NO VOICE! We all know how fun it is to teach with no voice, right!
Actually it always starts out great because the kids are super quiet and whisper too.

So I took advantage of the peace and we did this little craft-I did each part under the doc cam and they followed along-I didn't make patterns and I cut the hair for the girls while they did morning work. Then we wrote about our little Frankies' measurements to practice using our rulers again.
We measured his height, width, longest scar, shortest scar, and mouth. As you can see, we went a little wild with the sharpies and scarring!
You could use this any old way, we just needed to measure!

I think they are pretty cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment

notes to the teacher

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...